Mamma Chen’s aims to be as safe and accessible as possible. Please see below general accessibility information.
We are raising funds to make the stage accessible via a portable platform lift. One of our wonderful local regulars has set up a GoFundMe page!
If you’d like learn more and/or donate, please follow this link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/safe-and-accessible-venue-for-all
Special thanks to Soft Butch Media and Margherita Coppolino for filming the below video showing the accessible route to Mamma Chen’s from Footscray Station
- One accessible car space at rear of building
- Ramp at main entrance with tactile indicators and hand rails
- Braille signs for main entrance and bathrooms
- Accessible bathroom
- Lowered section of the bar for service
- Wide doorways throughout entire venue (With the exception of front porch, which also has a step)
- Courtyard is dog friendly
- Guide dogs and service dogs welcome inside the venue
- No strobe lighting
- No smoke machines
- No mirror ball
- Earplugs available for $1 at the bar
- Seating available
- Three steps to get onto the stage – Please let us know if you are performing and require a platform lift to the stage. We will hire one out until we have raised enough funds to have one permanently available.